Friends of Watford Grammar School for Boys

The Friends of Watford Grammar School for Boys is an association of parents committed to supporting the school. 

All parents and carers, as soon as their son joins WBGS,  automatically become members of  the Friends of School.  If you wish you can volunteer to help support our fundraising activities by helping out for an hour at a concert or event, or simply by buying a raffle or event ticket.  The Friends of the School is a great way to get involved in the Watford Boys School Community, get to know other parents, make friends and together support our children's education. 

Join the Committee
If you would like to be involved in a formal capacity we warmly welcome all new members.  Our friendly committee organise events and keep The Friends of School running. We are a very small team and so are always grateful for new Executive members. 

What do The Friends of School do?
The Friends of the School operate the Second-Hand Uniform Shop, provide refreshments at Parents Evenings and other school events, and run a programme of events and activities for parents and the school community throughout the year.

Family Draw
We also run a Family Draw where, for just £25 per year, you could be in with a chance to win a cash prize.  25% of the income raised is given as prizes and the remaining 75% is donated to the school to benefit all the pupils at WBGS.  For more information and to enter the draw, please download the Family Draw leaflet here.

What's On
We hope to be able to bring you more events and fundraising opportunities very soon! In the meantime, keep safe and well. Updated March 2021

JOIN US - Vacancies on the Friends of School Committee - April 2021
We now have vacancies for a Vice Chair and Volunteer Coordinator and are looking to appoint someone  for each of these roles at the next  AGM. If either of these roles might be of interest, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Please get in touch via info@friendsofwbgs.org and we can provide and more information.

Vice Chair and Volunteer Coordination Summary of Roles


2021 AGM  Tuesday 20th April at 7.30pm
Friends of School will be holding their AGM VIRTUALLY Tuesday 20th April at 7.30pm and all are welcome to attend. 

Election and Re-Election of Officers will be held, and we will be planning the few activities that will be held during this Summer Term as well as looking forward to next academic year.

Please follow the Google Meet link sent in your In Touch message to join the meeting. 

If you have any queries please contact info@friendsofwbgs.org

Everyone is welcome to attend the meeting and we do require minimum numbers to ratify the conditions of our Constitution and so your support would be appreciated, it will be a short meeting.

After the meeting we invite Year 7 parents to stay on to meet the Friends of School Committee and learn more about our activities and how you can get involved.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Friends of WBGS Committee

The Friends of WBGS Website
For up-to-date information on events and activities, and to get involved, please visit the Friends of the School’s dedicated website.

 Current Events 2021

Calling all aspiring fashion designers, artists and creatives  - have your own hoodie design brought to life!

Design a Hoodie Competition – open to all students

  • Competition entry is £3 each  - all funds raised support our school.
  • The winning design will be chosen by a judging panel.
  • The winner receives their design on a custom-made high quality hoodie.  (Generously produced by MAPCAC WBGS Uniform suppliers).
  • Have some creative fun and support our school.
  • Design must be one colour. ( You choose the colour of the hoodie).
  • Freedom to be creative - There is no theme or limit on design (as long as it is not offensive in any way) – be as creative as you like!
  • Enter online today:   Entry costs £3 and is via a google form here.

Designs should be uploaded via this form or in case of difficulty can be emailed to info@friendsofwbgs.org 

Please be sure to state your son’s full name and form and confirm payment has been made to the Friends of School bank account.

Closing date for receipt of entries is Friday 25th June 2021.

Good Luck!

We look forward to seeing your designs!

 

Friends of WBGS
Friends of Watford Boys Grammar School Registered Charity No. 1073843


To contact the Friends of the School, please email info@friendsofwbgs.org

Friends of Watford Grammar School for Boys Registered Charity No. 1073843